Last week I left for South Carolina to attend Brian's graduation from Army Basic Training. We were able to spend a fair amount of time together. Thursday consisted of spending the day exploring the base, hanging out with some of the other graduates, and attempting to find somewhere decent to eat on base. The graduates were not allowed to leave base on Thursday, so we made due with Burger King, which was suprisingly popular. Friday morning, with the rainstorm barely holding off, I was able to attend the graduation ceremony. After saying the last goodbyes, we drove 6 hours (turned out to be 7 1/2 due to an accident closing the freeway) to Richmond Virginia. We made a late night stop at Mortons, which on a side note was actually deserted - still trying to figure that out, went back to the hotel and we both passed out. Saturday allowed for lunch, a trip to the movies, and dinner before Brian had to report to Fort Lee. Sadly, he wasn't able to get a pass back off the base for Sunday and wasn't allowed visitors. Originally we were to spend Sunday together also, so my flight out wasn't until Monday morning. I spent Sunday exploring Richmond and basically laying around doing nothing. A mini vacation for me before flying back to Sacramento.
Brian's company is in the center. I wasn't able to get a close picture due to sheer amount of graduates. There were close to 1200, five different companies.
Random photo while driving through North Carolina. It really was beautiful there, even if I only saw the freeway.
I neglected to bring my camera to Family Day on Thursday, so I missed the majority of opportunites to take pictures. I'm hopefully going to get an email soon from one of the other graduate's girlfriends with pictures of all of us hanging out at the bowling alley. So for now, this is one of the few pictures that I have of Brian.

2 comments:
It's been a long time since I dropped in on your blog and I've missed a bunch of posts!
Congratulations to Brian on his graduation. So how long will he be in Fort Lee? I'm so jealous of the "alone time" you had, and I would settle for Burger King too if it meant being kid-free!
The pumpkin patch field trip looks VERY cute- I always love that field trip with my kids too. I was surprised that my first grader's class went to the pumpkin patch too this year- do they do that every year in school now?
And Hillery, I don't know what it is about you and Mimi, but both of you have the cutest kids on the planet! Grayson is DEFINITELY shiny!
you logged into your blog last night and never posted! what!
Post a Comment