Sunday, October 19, 2008

My Shiny Boy

We recently got rid of both of our cars and are saving to buy a new one once Brian is done with his training. In the meantime, I just started driving my Dad's old truck, which means that the boys and I are shoved into the front ( and only ) seat like sardines. Anyway, today the boys and I were running errands and Grayson was looking up into my face, explaining something that I can't remember now. I couldn't help but think how beautiful he is, and so I told him, " You are so pretty. " He automatically responded, " No I'm not, I'm not shiny. " After questioning him further, I got the explanation that apparently you have to be shiny to be pretty, and he " was a boy and all rusty. " I'm always so amazed at how he sees the world, and I definitely see him as all shiny.

No comments: