Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Month of May

Wow, I didn't realize that it had been so long since my last post. May was a busy month. Brian, the boys, and I spent the first weekend visiting Seven Falls. It was really pretty and the boys loved it. We can't wait to go back and hike some of the trails that were closed due to the snowfall.

The following week, Brian's parents came to stay with us for the week while I flew back to Sacramento to visit Mimi. Mimi had just had baby Livie, and I was so excited to see her. She is very sweet and luckily we will get to visit her again in a few weeks when we will be back in Sacramento for a visit. I was in Sacramento during Mother's Day, so I spent the day with my Mom, my Dad, and my brothers at Todd and Beth's house. When I got back home, Brian and the boys had a small Mother's Day celebration for me along with presents.

Four days after I arrived back from Sacramento, my parents drove out to Colorado Springs to spend the week with us. We had so much fun hanging out with them and basically being lazy. My parents we're also so nice to keep the boys for Brian and I while we spent a few days in Denver for our Anniversary. It was great to get away for a few days by ourselves, the first since we moved to Colorado. And, we got to eat at Mikuni's in Denver. We really, really miss Mikuni in Fair Oaks. All in all, it was a busy, but great month for us.


 


 


 

The tunnel at Seven Falls. It goes through the mountain and takes you to an elevator with a beautiful lookout of the falls.

 

Brian's parents, Ralph and Sharlene, with the boys at Garden of the Gods. It's really pretty there and reminds me of southern Utah.

 

Mimi,Jodi and I spent the whole afternoon together catching up. I miss spending my time with them!

 


 

My Mom and Dad with the boys.

2 comments:

Mimi said...

I had so much fun hanging out in bed with you and Jodi! Food and friends is the best way to spend an afternoon. Love the picture of the boys in their matching pj's. So cute! Can't wait for you guys to come home.

B said...

I love the picture of the boys in those stiped pjs! They are SO darn cute!!!