Sunday, September 4, 2011

Now that the boys have been back in school, I've had a chance to finish some projects that I've been waiting to work on. The first table is one that I've had for about 5 years and it was feeling a little ho-hum to me. So I decided to strip it and just figured out what I wanted it to look like as I went along. It's turned out to be one of my favorite pieces of furniture that I have.



Before: (Sorry about the mess, I forgot to take a picture until I had already spread the stripper on the table.)





After:





The coffee table was a craigslist purchase. I stripped and stained the top and then painted the bottom and used a dark wax to antique it. I might buff the wax a little more to lighten the bottom, but overall I like how it turned out.


Before:



After:




No comments: